Hey everyone! As you know it’s almost that time to either start getting those creative juices flowing or having some kind of costume in mind. Last year I started making my own costume and I was the Leg Lamp from a Christmas Story. That costume was a hit and super simple to make.
This year I am going to be POPCORN, *excited face* not only is it one of my favorite snacks it is also very addicting. Every time I go to the movies or football games I ALWAYS have to stop at the concession stands to get this yummy treat!
To make this costume you will need the following:
- Red and white vertical stripe dress (there are a few here)
- Red and white vertical fabric (if you choose to make your own, found here and here )
- White crop top tee (here)
- White computer paper (LOTS!)
- Hot glue gun
- Yellow spray paint
Steps to create this fun look:
Have a red and white striped dress.. ✔️
- To make the “popcorn” turn the paper horizontal; you can either use scissors or tear the paper in half. Fold in the corners and lightly crumple to create a “popped” look
- Glue all the “popcorn” looking pieces on your top
- After you have a good amount of popcorn pieces, spray paint them, lightly, with yellow paint. Since popcorn is never all buttery like we wish it was
- For me, my next step was for my husband to make a pattern, cut, and sew my dress together (I truly have the best husband EVER, thanks!)
- Now you are finished! If you choose to create other accessories, like a handbag you can do that too. I saw a cute one that would be perfect for this outfit here.
** Side note: This top is extremely difficult to get off if your crop top is rather fitted like mine. To make this a little easier to get off I made a slit in the back about half way so I could pull it off. Another option I was thinking is slitting the whole back and putting ribbon at the top of the neck and at the bottom and tie them in a bow.
SHOP THE POST:
Red and white dress: here || Crop top: Shirtspace|| Shoes: Kate Spade
Thanks for viewing my blog!
4 replies on “DIY: Popcorn Halloween costume”
What a great idea!! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love it! Very creative!
LikeLiked by 1 person